As we begin to see God & His mission and the church differently, it will deeply affect the way we live. We have been sent into the world by the Father, Son, and Spirit to join in their mission. We are no longer living under our rule but under the rule and reign of our God. We are participants in His Kingdom. This two week session will give you an example of how Christ followers might collectively participate in the mission of God in the places they have been sent. Additionally, we will look further at how we participate in God’s mission through announcement and demonstration.
Author, Speaker, Missional Trainer, Forge America Board Member
The assigned reading in this session will push you to think further about how we participate in God’s mission through announcement and demonstration.
READ BOOK: The Road to Missional, by Michael Frost – Chapters 2 & 5
The action in this session is two fold:
- As the Holy Spirit speaks to you, follow through on His prompts.
- Since mission is not a solo venture, rather, a collective effort begin to daily ask God,
- “Who will go on mission with me or with my family?”
- Or, “Who will be my/our missionary team or our team of missionaries?”
- Or, “How will my current community collectively participate in the mission of God in the places we have been sent?”