SUSTAINABILITY THROUGH MISSIONAL FOCUS
Just as Jesus modeled radical discipleship, He also gave us a model for sustainability in the midst of discipleship. In the following sessions we will learn from Jesus on how we sustain through spirituality and shared life. In this session we will focus on sustaining discipleship and mission through spirituality.
Vice President Catalyst, City to City NYC & North America, Church Planter
Co-Founder Forge International, Author, Speaker, Missiologist
CLICK TO READ: Shaping of Things to Come, by Frost & Hirsch – Ch. 7-8
- We often think spirituality is an avenue to meet with God in private. In other words, we pull away from the world to commune with the Father. While this is an avenue it must not be the only avenue. If we are to sustain we must also find God and commune with Him as we engage the world around us. Do you find this difficult?
- As you reflect on the video and reading, what is one step you can take to embrace an everyday spirituality.
Continue practicing BELLS.
- Look for the Father in the midst of each practice.
- Take time to reflect on the practice and thank God for the ways He revealed himself to you.
- Share your reflections with those joining you in mission. Additionally, ask them how they are “finding God” in moments of community, blessing, action, celebration, meal sharing, stillness, learning, and reflection.