We are targeted to move into Phase 3 of re-opening our campus on Sunday, November 1. We’re excited at the opportunity to see more of our church family in a safe way! Here are some things to know.
We are changing our Worship times on Sundays to 9:30 & 11:00 am. We will still follow CDC guidelines and use extra safety precautions, sanitization and social distancing. We strongly recommend wearing a mask during times of transition and when social distancing isn’t possible. We will have disposable masks available for anyone needing one. Hand sanitizer is available at the door you enter. There is also a section in the Worship Center designated as a “masks required” section.
We are excited to open up Preschool and Children ministries at both hours under Phase 3! Reservations for both hours are required at this time.
Here are some things to expect:
- Reservations: In order to carefully follow safety guidelines for class size and volunteer limits, these classes are offered by reservation. Walk-in registrations are welcome to any available spots. However, to secure your child’s place on Sundays, weekly online reservation is required. Children must be checked-in by 9:35/11:05 am on Sundays; after 9:35/11:05 am, their secured place will become an available spot for walk-ups. Spaces are limited.
- Check-in: A volunteer will check-in families at the Check-in Stations (infants-preschool in the Preschool Wing; Kinder-2nd at the first floor Children’s Building kiosks; 3rd-5th at the second floor Children’s Building kiosks). Children’s temperatures will be take before check-in and must be below 99.9 to be admitted into class.
- Safety Precautions: We take safety seriously, and have invested in sanitization tools and practices to increase safety in the classrooms. All volunteers will wear a face mask or a face shield, and health and temperature checks will be taken for all staff and volunteers.
Hope Groups are a vital part of New Hope. These groups are relationship-based communities that offer focused Bible study and on-going support as you face life together. Phase 3 will provide a hybrid approach to Hope Groups meeting both in-person and virtually. All onsite classrooms will be sanitized and spaced for social distancing.
Adults: Adult Hope Groups will be a hybrid of in-person meeting and virtual participation.
Students (6th-12th): Both middle school and high school Hope Groups will be a hybrid of in-person meeting and virtual participation. Middle School Hope Groups will meet at 9:30 am in the FLC; High School Hope Groups will meet at 11:00 am in the FLC. Volunteers will be in the FLC at both times to guide students to designated rooms where social distancing can be practicied.
Children (1st-5th): All children Hope Groups will be in-person on Sundays at 9:30 am; Kids Worship will be Sundays at 11:00 am. Reservation is required for both times. Volunteers will check-in and take temperatures at the Children’s Building check-in kiosks when kids arrive, and then escort them to their classrooms. For 1st-5th graders who are not returning in-person, a Zoom Hope Group is offered Sunday nights at 6:00 pm. Email Cathy to join!
Preschool (infants-Kinder): Preschool Hope Groups and PPH (Preschool Power Hour) will be in-person at 9:30 & 11:00 am. Reservation is required for both times. Volunteers will check-in and take temperatures at the Preschool Wing check-in kiosks when kids arrive, and then escort them to their classrooms.
Whether your group is meeting in-person or online, the most important thing is to stay spiritually and relationally connected. We were made for community and we need each other. Continue to check-in with group members and offer encouragement and support!
9:30 am: Worship, Preschool & Children Hope Groups (in-person by reservation), Middle School & Adult Hybrid Hope Groups
11:00 am: Worship, Preschool ETC & Kids Worship (in-person by reservation), High School & Adult Hybrid Hope Groups
5:00 pm: 1st-5th Grade Zoom Hope Group (for kids not returning in-person at this time)
We look forward to seeing more families on campus under this second phase of re-opening! We do realize, however, that there is still a need to be safe and preventative. We encourage you to continue to worship and learn with us online if:
- You are at a high risk age (+65 yrs)
- You have a compromised immune system
- You are sick or have been around anyone who has been sick